On 24 Nov 2016, at 16:18, Christian Heimes <chei...@redhat.com> wrote:
> for a service you can use a Kerberos keytab to authenticate. A keytab
> can be requested with ipa-getkeytab. The command will replace the
> password of the service with a random one.

Thanks everyone, I think using a key tab will be fine; having a manual step for
initial configuration is not a huge burden.

I'll take a look at python-gssapi too.

Thanks again,

Adam Bishop

  gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB
197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol,
BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.

Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited
by guarantee which is registered in England under company number 2881024, VAT
number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: One Castle Park, Tower Hill,
Bristol BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.