On ti, 29 marras 2016, Callum Guy wrote:
Hi Petr,

Thanks for coming back to me on this.

I have only tried using Google Authenticator. The generated QR code
successfully scans and codes are then generated on the GA device as normal.
The problem is that the codes simply do not work.

My current thinking is that the service which interprets the codes
server-side is not configured to use the same algorithm meaning that it is
trying to validate sha256/sha512 (both tested and not functional for me)
etc codes against codes perhaps generated with sha1 (the only algorithm
that appears to work).

I apologise in advance for my naive interpretation of the situation, this
really isn't an area where i have experience. I'd love to understand whats
going on however I can't find what i need in the OTP documentation.
Which IPA version we are talking about? There was a case when the URI
generated by 'ipa otptoken-add' was using a wrong case in the algorithm
value and this was breaking Google Authenticator.

This bug was fixed since 4.1.5 release.

Best Regards,

Callum

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM Petr Vobornik <pvobo...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 11/28/2016 01:03 PM, Callum Guy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to ask a quick question - perhaps a more experienced user will
be able
> to help or point me to the correct documentation.
>
> Basically we have implemented password+OTP type authentication which
works great.

> When adding a OTP code using the admin login you can choose an
algorithm. For us
> the generated codes only work properly if the weakest sha1 algorithm is
chosen/
> To be clear the code generation works fine but the codes are not valid
when
> logging in. Is there a related setting we must change?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Callum

What type of otp token do you use? Does it work with some different?
E.g. FreeOTP vs Google Authenticator ...

--
Petr Vobornik

--

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://twitter.com/xonuk>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on/products>
<https://www.facebook.com/XonTel> *
X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not
use, disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email.
or opinions expressed by an individual
within this email may not necessarily reflect the views of X-on or its
associated companies. Although X-on routinely screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of
viruses in this email or any attachments.

/ Alexander Bokovoy