It's certainly some sort of TGT ticket issue; I just need to find the proper bits of log to sanitize and post back to this list. I'll do that under another thread though to keep this one clean. Trying to figure out if upgrading to 4.3 or even 4.4 would be "wise" on a CentOS-7 system we hope to put into production once the password checking problem is resolved for SSH users.

List dedicated to discussions about use, configuration and deployment of the IPA server. wrote:
In the latter case it might be some general issue with password
authentication and the krb5_child.log file with debug_level=10 in the
[domain/...] section of sssd.conf might help to find the reason (maybe
ticket validation?).