On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 03:38:14PM +0000, Mark Steele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone managed to make this work and if so, is there some documentation
> for doing so?
>
> I can successfully authenticate to my linux servers using 2FA, but am unable
> to get my Mac to be able to get a ticket with kinit.
>
> Kinit returns: “password incorrect”, and isn’t prompting for the second
> factor. I’ve also tried appending the second factor to the password (like
> when logging into the UI).
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

For 2FA FAST is needed http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/OTP#kinit_Method.
For MacOS I found
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/kinit.1.html
and according to this the MacOS kinit does not support FAST, i.e. using
an armor credential cache. But maybe there are newer or alternative
versions which supports it?

HTH

bye,
Sumit