I'm hoping to provide enough information to get some help to a very important issue that I'm currently having.
I have two IPA servers at a single location that recently had a replication issue that I eventually resolved by reinitializing one of the masters/replicas with one that seemed to be the most 'good'. In any case, somewhere in this process, the new IPA 4.4 was release with/for CentOS 7.3. At this moment, regular replication seems to be working properly (in that I don't have any obvious issues and web interfaces on both systems seem to be consistent for updates EXCEPT when it comes to the certificates). Before I get to the errors, here is the output of some of the commands that I would expect anyone would need: ---------- [root@ipa01 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list ipa01.passur.local: master ipa02.passur.local: master ----- [root@ipa01 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list -v ipa01.passur.local ipa02.passur.local: replica last init status: None last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00 last update status: Error (0) Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded last update ended: 2016-12-16 20:25:40+00:00 ----- [root@ipa01 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list -v ipa02.passur.local ipa01.passur.local: replica last init status: None last init ended: 1970-01-01 00:00:00+00:00 last update status: Error (0) Replica acquired successfully: Incremental update succeeded last update ended: 2016-12-16 20:25:40+00:00 ----- [root@ipa01 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list-ruv Replica Update Vectors: ipa01.passur.local:389: 4 ipa02.passur.local:389: 6 Certificate Server Replica Update Vectors: ipa02.passur.local:389: 97 ipa01.passur.local:389: 96 ---------- After the yum updates were applied to each system, I noticed that the results of 'ipa-server-upgrade' were quite different. The 'ipa02' system went through without errors (this was also the system I used to reinitialize the other when I had a replication issue recently). On 'ipa01', I have following at the end of the 'ipaupgrade.log' file: ---------- 2016-12-14T18:09:26Z ERROR IPA server upgrade failed: Inspect /var/log/ipaupgrade.log and run command ipa-server-upgrade manually. 2016-12-14T18:09:26Z DEBUG File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/admintool.py", line 171, in execute return_value = self.run() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/ipa_server_upgrade.py", line 46, in run server.upgrade() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", line 1863, in upgrade upgrade_configuration() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", line 1785, in upgrade_configuration ca_enable_ldap_profile_subsystem(ca) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", line 336, in ca_enable_ldap_profile_subsystem cainstance.migrate_profiles_to_ldap() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py", line 1984, in migrate_profiles_to_ldap _create_dogtag_profile(profile_id, profile_data, overwrite=False) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py", line 1990, in _create_dogtag_profile with api.Backend.ra_certprofile as profile_api: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/plugins/dogtag.py", line 2060, in __enter__ raise errors.RemoteRetrieveError(reason=_('Failed to authenticate to CA REST API')) 2016-12-14T18:09:26Z DEBUG The ipa-server-upgrade command failed, exception: RemoteRetrieveError: Failed to authenticate to CA REST API 2016-12-14T18:09:26Z ERROR Unexpected error - see /var/log/ipaupgrade.log for details: RemoteRetrieveError: Failed to authenticate to CA REST API 2016-12-14T18:09:26Z ERROR The ipa-server-upgrade command failed. See /var/log/ipaupgrade.log for more information ---------- In addition, when I go to the IPA web interface on the 'ipa01' system, I get the following when I try to view any of the certificates: ---------- IPA Error 4301: CertificateOperationError Certificate operation cannot be completed: EXCEPTION (Invalid Credential.) ---------- I was wondering if there was a method for taking all the CA details/tree/what have you from my 'ipa02' system and using it to repopulate the 'ipa01'. Since everything else seems to be working correctly after a reinitialize on 'ipa01', I thought this would be the safest way, but I'm opening any solutions as I need to get this fixed ASAP. Please let me know any additional details that may help OR if there is a procedure that I could use to quickly and easily recreate 'ipa01' WITH the certificate authority properly working on both. I may need some educate there. Thanks! -- Chris -- Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-users mailing list: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users Go to http://freeipa.org for more info on the project