Working on a messy multi-AD / multi-child-domain environment ...

Just deployed my 1st replica server after the v4.4 upgrade

The IPA replica seems fine and "ipactl status" reports no issues. The webUI clearly shows all of the values/config that came over from the master

However the replica server does not resolve or enumerate any users in any of the trusted AD domains despite sssd.conf and krb5.com being similar to the IPA master. No obvious errors or blocked traffic although I have not yet enabled debug=10 logging yet.

Before I begin the standard krb5 and sssd troubleshooting I wanted to ask the dumb question first -- does an IPA replica automatically get enrolled as a managed client? Should I expect it to recognize the remote AD user IDs by default?

Chris