This is something I’ve looked at lately and a manual proof of concept I just
did (using ideas from
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Migration#Migrating_from_other_FreeIPA_to_FreeIPA)
 makes it seem theoretically possible (though it looks like, barring the
migration of the kerberos master key, all enrolled hosts would need to use
ipa-getkeytab to get a replacement keytab from the new server and copy it to
/etc/krb5.keytab so that sssd will work properly..the alternative is
re-enrollment.  All other keytabs in use by other applications would have to be
similarly replaced).

Is https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3656 something that’s coming sooner
or later to a future version of FreeIPA?  Has anyone done a manual migration on
a moderate-to-large setup?