From: <freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com> on behalf of Alan Latteri
<a...@instinctualsoftware.com>
Date: Friday, January 13, 2017 at 8:18 AM
To: Armaan Esfahani <armaan.esfah...@advancedopen.com>
Cc: <freeipa-users@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA as Samba Backend, Existing Users Fail

what steps did you use to connect samba to ipa?

On Jan 11, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Armaan Esfahani <armaan.esfah...@advancedopen.com>
wrote:

Hi, I have setup a Samba server to use FreeIPA as a password backend, however
whenever I try to use existing users to login I get “NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE”.

Looking at the sssd_nss log on my ipa server, I get the following error “(Wed
Jan 11 15:56:11 2017) [sssd[nss]] [fill_sid] (0x0020): Missing SID.”  On all
existing accounts, whereas all new accounts function properly (after resetting
their passwords).

Anyone have any ideas?

for more info on the project