On 20/01/17 06:23, Jeff Clay wrote:
I’m using Centos 7 and have installed 4.4.0-14, however I’m using Google Cloud and
needing some updates that have already been made upstream at
<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5814>

I have downloaded the diffs from the 3 commits to the 4.4 branch. Searching my
system for the proper directories, I found that many of the files (like
replicainstall.py) can be found in a sub dir of of
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ while other parts can be found in /usr/sbin/

I’m just wondering what is the best and proper way for me to apply those code
changes?

Thanks.

Hello Jeff,
modifying package-installed "binaries" or "libraries" on production system is really bad idea. You may easily end up with system broken in numerous ways. Proper way is to get CentOS downstream git clone [1] add the desired patches and build your own package.

[1] https://git.centos.org/commit/rpms!ipa.git

--
David Kupka