On 01/25/2017 12:44 PM, Harald Dunkel wrote:
Hi Thierry,

On 01/24/17 17:56, thierry bordaz wrote:

On 01/24/2017 04:18 PM, Harald Dunkel wrote:
Would you suggest to disconnect ipabak from the network and ipa1,
cleanup the mess as far as possible, and then connect ipabak
to the network again to rely upon the regular replica synchroni-
zation?
Yes, as soon as ipaback is in sync with ipa1 and you took a snapshot of
ipaback, I think you can disconnect ipaback and run your script on it
(iterating with the snapshot).

My concern is that I will run into new conflicts on connecting
the modified ipaback back with ipa1?
conflict entries are only created if you do the same operation in parallel on different replicas. Once existing they behave like normal entries (only with special dns), eg if you delete it on one replica the delete will be replicated to the other replicas - either immediately if they are connected or later when they will be connected again.

I think what Thierry is suggesting is, that if you make mistakes in your cleanup these mistakes would also be replicated immediately if every replcia is connected, so disconnecting allows you to do a backup and then try the cleanup and when successful connect agai and have the cleanup operations replicated.

Regards
Harri