On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 07:12:10PM +0000, lejeczek wrote:

> On 30/01/17 18:28, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 06:01:03PM +0000, lejeczek wrote:
> > > hi everybody
> > >
> > > I'm having trouble trying to figure out, or in other words make this to
> > > work:
> > >
> > > I'm setting up a domain in a subnet like this: 10.5.10.48/28 but not sure
> > > it
> > > I got it right.
> > > Host reverse resoling does not seem to right. I have:
> > >

> > >    Zone name: 28/48.10.5.10.in-addr.arpa.   <= this here is like
> > > non-usual, I
> > > understand it's how such a reverse subnet should be defined, but not 100%
> > > sure.
> >    Here you got it wrong.  IPv4 reverses are split at octet boundary, you
> > cannot have greater granularity.  And for sure you cannot mix CIDR
> > addressing (/28)
> > and netblock type.  On top of that, “/” is not correct character in DNS.
>
> how about this - http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch9/reverse.html - would
> this not work?

  Wow. This is first time in my life I see this notation. Nevertheless, I was
wrong
with my previous email.
  Having read your link, I found
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/DNS_classless_IN-ADDR.ARPA_delegation
Is this helpful?

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be
seeking