Hmm, suspect its happening on the server...... thous I haven't been able to
pinpoint a log entry that confirms my suspecting.

I have pinpointed the timeout to happen after 58 seconds after completely
removing the SSSD cache and restaring SSSD, which leads me to think my issue is
related to ldap_enumaration_search_timeout which defaults to 60.

rm -fr /var/lib/sss/{mc,db}/* && systemctl restart sssd && time id shja

However, I'm unable to crank it up on the server as it seems to be adjusted
Down to 60 Again?

Wed Feb  1 09:40:56 2017) [sssd[be[lx.dr.dk]]] [dp_get_options] (0x0400):
Option ldap_enumeration_search_timeout has value 120
(Wed Feb  1 09:40:56 2017) [sssd[be[lx.dr.dk]]] [dp_copy_options_ex] (0x0400):
Option ldap_enumeration_search_timeout has value 60
(Wed Feb  1 09:40:56 2017) [sssd[be[lx.dr.dk]]] [dp_copy_options_ex] (0x0400):
Option ldap_enumeration_search_timeout has value 60

LDAP seems speedy enough, not timeouts while querying it manually while a
client is doing a user lookup.

----- On Jan 30, 2017, at 6:06 PM, Sullivan, Daniel [CRI]