On 01.02.2017 14:06, Christophe TREFOIS wrote:
Hi all,

Small question which might be naive.

We have an existing setup with 4 replicas, all with FQDNs like replica1.example.com <http://replica1.example.com> and REALM example.com <http://example.com>.

We want to add another replica, replica5, whose FQDN would have a different domain, so say replica5.example.org <http://replica5.example.org>. The DNS would be resolvable as it would be managed by the same DNS server (outside of our control).

We don’t think this should have any impact.

Is this a fair assumption? We just want to make sure.

Kind regards,
Christophe

It should work, but keep on mind that replica5 will be still part of realm EXAMPLE.COM

Martin