Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On la, 11 helmi 2017, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

>>> Yes, you can use HBAC rules to prevent them from access to the host.
>>
>> But this introduces a hard dependency on host system administration which I
>> personally
>> always try to avoid.
>>
>> As said: Your mileage may vary.
>
> So we are talking about FreeIPA and a system enrolled to FreeIPA. This
> system is already managed in FreeIPA.

Please don't get me wrong. Of course I assume that the original poster wants to
integrate
Jenkins with FreeIPA and make use of users and their group membership already
maintained
therein.

Let's further assume that the service (here Jenkins) might be operated by
another team
than the system - not so unusual case at my customers' sites - relying on
defining HBAC
rules for the system's sssd might not be feasible.

> Your mileage may vary, indeed, but I'd rather re-use what is available
> to you than implement a parallel infrastructure, including reliability
> aspects.

Of course we both agree on the benefits of using what's already available.

> Anyway, I think we are distancing away from the original topic.

Especially since we both can only make rough assumptions about requirements and
operational constraints of the original poster.

Ciao, Michael.