On 02/13/2017 10:12 PM, Aaron Young wrote:
hello

So, I recently took over this site and a couple days into it, the first
ipa server died because of disk corruption.

Right now, I've built another ipa server to step into the topology as a
replica, but I keep getting strange dns errors during update

Looking at it closer, it appears that when nsupdate runs, it fails updating

looking closer, I notice that the SOA comes back with the name of the
missing server

So, it seems like I should change that. So far I've been unable to

I get messages back from nsupdate like

"response to SOA query was unsuccessful"

I'm not sure what information I should send to help with this

My main question is, is there a way to force the change of the SOA?

aaron
--
Aaron Young
MarketFactory, Manager of Site Reliability Engineering

Hi Aaron,

there may be some stale NS record on other IPA masters which serve your DNS zone. you can verify this by running:

# ipa dnsrecord-show <DOMAIN_NAME> @

and check the list of nameservers returned.

To remove the record of the old master run

# ipa dnsrecord-del  <DOMAIN_NAME> @ --ns-rec <MASTER_FQDN>

Also, make sure you cleaned up old agreements, services, etc. of the old master by running `ipa-replica-manage del --force --cleanup <MASTER_FQDN>` on some other IPA master.

You will also probably have to stand-up a new CA renewal/CRL master[1] on one of remaining replicas if the first server died and you have CA configured.

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master

Hope this helps

--
Martin^3 Babinsky