On 02/20/2017 04:09 PM, Matt . wrote:
Hi Rob,

Yes it does, I understood that there was some reason the duplicate
might exist, but I wonder more why does the RootCA show up when I
removed it and comes back after adding the two intermediates ?

Hi Matt,

when ipa-cacert-manage install is run, it adds an LDAP entry for the new CA certificate below cn=certificates,cn=ipa,cn=etc,$BASEDN. When ipa-certupdate is run, it adds all the certificates found in cn=certificates,cn=ipa,cn=etc,$BASEDN to /etc/httpd/alias. So even if you remove one certificate from /etc/httpd/alias, the next ipa-certupdate command will re-add this CA cert if it is still present in LDAP.

Hope this clarifies,
Flo.

Thanks

Matt