On ke, 22 helmi 2017, Jason B. Nance wrote:
There is none. Compat tree is built with RFC2307 queries in mind.
RFC2307 clients issue a request with a specific user or group name and
that triggers lookup of AD user/group through SSSD and insertion into
the compat tree. A part of the trigger is how LDAP filter is built (see
RFC for those). If your software does not use the same filter, you
wouldn't get a response.

Are you saying that there is an LDAP query you can use to retrieve the
UID/GID of a user/group that is known via an AD trust as long as the
filter is correct?  I ran into this same situation (with a storage
appliance) and thought that the problem was that the UIDs/GIDs were
calculated but never stored, but I hadn't stopped to think about how
whether sssd (on the local machine) retrieves them from FreeIPA or does
the calculation.
Read https://pagure.io/slapi-nis/blob/master/f/doc/ipa/sch-ipa.txt

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy