On 02/28/2017 09:59 AM, Tomas Krizek wrote:
On 02/27/2017 11:24 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
I'm part way through my CentOS 6 to 7 "upgrade".  I've reached the
point of trying to set up my new IPA server as a replica of a temporary
VM.

ipa-replica-conncheck is complaining, because nothing on the temporary
server is listening on port 7389.

The documentation here:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/prepping-replica.html

Says:

   In a purely Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 environment, port 7389 is not
   required.

Which seems to indicate that nothing *should* be listening on that port
on a CentOS 7 IPA server.

So who's right?  And if something (pki-tomcatd?) should be listening on
that port, how do I make it do so?

Thanks!

On a CentOS 7 IPA server, port 7389 should not be required. You can
bypass the check with --skip-conncheck when running ipa-replica-install.

Please, rather check what the problem is. Port 7389 is not required for the newer system, but the old 6.x system has to be listening on it so that we can replicate agains the older Dogtag database. From the previous mail I believe you were following the right documentation, https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html#migrating-ipa-proc, correct?