On 02/26/2017 04:58 PM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
Sounds feasable, however I'm not sure which solution entails the most work.

+1

Just in case, I'll mention migration documentation: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/upgrading.html#migrating-ipa-proc

There are some manual steps regarding CA which should not be skipped.

In step 3 you loose all the extra functionalities( cups/squid/ntp ) as well,
while these stay preserved by a p2v including a nice backup.
You do need a backup of all the functions before proceeding with step3.

Rob Verduijn