On ma, 20 maalis 2017, Iulian Roman wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that nested group feature do not work with the unix ldap clients
(AIX) if the default groupbasedn (cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=...) is used. If
i use the cn=compat and change the mapping the nested groups are listed
properly.
Compat tree implements RFC2307 schema which doesn't have nested groups.

Main tree in FreeIPA uses RFC2307bis schema which supports nested
groups.

On AIX, IBM officially supports only AIX, RFC2307, and RFC2307AIX
schemas. AIX's automounter does support RFC2307bis automount maps but
the rest of the system does not support RFC2307bis. In particular, AIX
does not understand member attribute  dereference.

My question is if it is allowed to mix the compat and accounts cn for the
userbasedn and groupbasedn on the same unix ldap client ?
No, not really. You are messing it up something that your client
does not understand.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy