I changed the text emphasis so that this is more clear in the future, thanks for noticing.

On 03/23/2017 07:52 PM, Jason B. Nance wrote:

    Thanks Jason, but those documents need AD as the primary
    authenticator. This is not the case for us.

I think you need to read them a bit closer. Very first line of first link says:

"This article describes direct integration between FreeIPA and Windows machine, i.e. without involving Active Directory server."

    On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Jason B. Nance