On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 07:31:16PM -0400, Prasun Gera wrote:
> I can confirm that I see this behaviour too. My ipa server install is a
> pretty stock install with no 3rd party certificates.
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Simon Williams <
> simon.willi...@thehelpfulcat.com> wrote:
>
> > Yesterday, Chrome on both my Ubuntu and Windows machines updated to
> > version 58.0.3029.81.  It appears that this version of Chrome will not
> > trust certificates based on Common Name.  Looking at the Chrome
> > documentation and borne out by one of the messages, from Chrome 58,
> > the subjectAltName is required to identify the DNS name of the host that
> > the certificate is issued for.  I would be grateful if someone could point
> > me in the direction of how to recreate my SSL certificates so that
> > the subjectAltName is populated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --

Which version of IPA are you using?

The first thing you should do, which I think should be sufficient in
most cases, is to tell certmonger to submit a new cert request for
each affected certificate, instructing to include the relevant
DNSName in the subjectAltName extension in the CSR.

To list certmonger tracking requests and look for the HTTPS
certificate.  For example:

    $ getcert list
    Number of certificate and requests being tracked: 11
    Request ID '20170418012901':
            status: MONITORING
            stuck: no
            key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB',pinfile='/etc/httpd/alias/pwdfile.txt'
            certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='Server-Cert',token='NSS
Certificate DB'
            CA: IPA
            issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=IPA.LOCAL 201703211317
            subject: CN=f25-2.ipa.local,O=IPA.LOCAL 201703211317
            expires: 2019-03-22 03:20:19 UTC
            dns: f25-2.ipa.local
            key usage:
digitalSignature,nonRepudiation,keyEncipherment,dataEncipherment
            eku: id-kp-serverAuth,id-kp-clientAuth
            pre-save command:
            post-save command: /usr/libexec/ipa/certmonger/restart_httpd
            track: yes
            auto-renew: yes

Using the Request ID of the HTTPS certificate, resubmit the request
but use the ``-D <hostname>`` option to specify a DNSName to include
in the SAN extension:

  $ getcert resubmit -i <Request ID> -D <hostname>

``-D <hostname>`` can be specified multiple times, if necessary.

This should request a new certificate that will have the server DNS
name in the SAN extension.

HTH,
Fraser