Hi All,

As I am new to the list, I'd like to introduce myself as Bennie. In my fairly
small (CentOS based) organization we use FreeIPA and we are honestly really
happy with this all in one solution. Lately however we are facing an issue
regarding updating FreeIPA and I was hoping I could find some guidance on this
mail list =).

Current situation
We are currently running FreeIPA 4.3.1 on Fedora 23. When we started using
FreeIPA, CentOS was lacking quite behind so we choose to go with Fedora. As
Fedora 23 is quite out of date now we tried to perform a dist-upgrade, enabling
us to continue using FreeIPA on the 4.4 branch. This dist-upgrade however led
to an inoperable condition of FreeIPA, mainly the PKI service fails miserably.

Second attempt
We then tried to install a fresh CentOS server, having FreeIPA version 4.4 and
attaching it as a second master to our IPA instance. This however didn't work
out as well, probably because the directory structures are not equal.

So far, everything failed. I was wondering if anyone here faced similar
problems and might be able to point in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for a reply!

Bennie