On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 3:31 PM, <wouter.hummel...@kpn.com> wrote:

> The shell is shown correctly as ksh in lsuser, so that doesnt appear to be
> an issue for the ID view.

My advice would be to start simple ,prove that your authentication works
and you can develop a more elaborated setup afterwards. If you combine them
all together it will be a trial and error which eventually will work at
some point.
Do you have the correct keytabs in /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab ? can you run
kinit (with password and with the keytab) from aix and get a ticket from
Kerberos ? can you su to an IPA account ? do you have GSSAPIAuthentication
enabled in sshd_config  ?

>From what you've described i would suspect that your keytab is not correct
, but that should be confirmed only by answering the questions above.