So,

what do we have, the service <upstart service name> status calls are not parsed
correctly.
Even with dbus and sssd started, it still fires up the service dbus start and
service sssd start commands.

Actually, with FreeIPA 2.2.0 the whole debian platform module breaks.
So, it looks like we have to do much more on this.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of FreeIPA,
which is subscribed to freeipa in Ubuntu.

Title:
  chkconfig call in ipa-client-install doesn't work

Status in “freeipa” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Dear Colleagues,

  the chkconfig call in add_debian.py.patch doesn't work on Ubuntu (didn't test
it with Debian though), because /sbin/insserv doesn't exist.
  /usr/lin/insserv/insserv exists, but doesn't behave correctly.

  For Ubuntu we should rewrite these calls, to match our service tools.

  Furthermore, more checks needs to be included into this tool, to check
  if a service is already started.

  Regards,

  \sh