Hi AB,

The fish changes on 11/06/05 have completely broken fish on RHEL3/RHEl4.

# tdev2 /home/achu/chaos/cvs/freeipmi > /usr/sbin/fish
ERROR: In procedure make-hook:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I reverted your changes in install_new_hooks() and I get further.

# tdev2 /home/achu/chaos/cvs/freeipmi > /usr/sbin/fish

>>--:>  >>--:>  >>--:> >>--:>
~ ~   Cat ate the fish!!  ~ ~
>>--:>  >>--:>  >>--:> >>--:>
Fish Exception Handler:
tag        : wrong-type-arg
throw args : (append Wrong type argument (expecting ~A): ~S (NULLP
-1152921504606846718) #f)
data       : [/usr/share/fish/extensions/sensors-alias.scm]
No backtrace available.

Error in scm_gc_sweep during GC: unknown type
Aborted (core dumped)

I remove /usr/share/fish/extensions/sensors-alias.scm and I can run
bmc-info and bmc-config again, but ipmi-sensors always seg-faults.
Running 'sensors' in fish segfaults midway.

My guile versions are:

guile-devel-1.6.4-14
guile-1.6.4-14

According to google others have had wierd segfault issues with using
"scm_make_hook".

For the time being, I'm going to revert your changes from 11/06/05 using
the attached patch b/c I'm assuming you guys are off at Supercomputing
and you won't be able to get to fixing this for quite some time.

Al

--
Albert Chu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]