Hi Sharad,

Sorry that the functions disappeared.  I removed many of them b/c I was
trying to clean up libfreeipmi.  Too many "convenience" functions for
the FreeIPMI tools had floated into the library and bloated it up.

We had a lot of "convenience" functions in libfreeipmi and libfreeipmi
was getting bloated with too much crap.  As you noticed, a lot of it was
moved into common/src.

In FreeIPMI 0.3.0, the code that is now used by ipmi-sensors and ipmi-
sel for SDR cache management is in ipmi-sdr-api.[ch] under common/src/.

Do you require that these functions (or similar) be accessible in a
library you can link against or do you think you can just include them
in your code?  I have a locally created library (GPLed but not yet in
FreeIPMI) that is more like the 0.2.0 one that might suite your needs
better.

Al

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 18:53 +0530, Sharad Chandra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for the function like
> ipmi_sdr_cache_create
> ipmi_sdr_repo_cache_load
> in freeipmi-0.3.0_1 but could not find it..
>
> There is some similar function in commom/src dir of source code.. but there
> api is not there in /usr/local/include/freeipmi.
>
> What is the reason to remove it?. I have used in previous versions and i need
> similar function in current version.
>
> Is there any solution to have similar function?
>
> Thanks
> Sharad Chandra

Albert Chu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]