FreeIPMI 1.6.1 - 02/02/18
o Add IPv6 hostname support to FreeIPMI, all of FreeIPMI can now take
IPv6 addresses as inputs to "host" parameters, options, or inputs.
o Support significant portions of IPMI IPv6 configuration in
o Add --no-session option in ipmi-raw.
o Add SDR cache options to ipmi-config.
o Legacy -f short option for --flush-cache and -Q short option for
quiet-cache. Backwards compatible for tools that supported it
o In ipmi-oem, support Gigabyte get-bmc-services and set-bmc-services.
o Various performance improvements:
- Remove excessive calls to secure_memset to clear memory.
- Remove excessive memsets and clears of data.
- Remove unnecessary "double input checks".
- Remove expensive input checks in libfreeipmi fiid library.
Fallout from this may include FIID_ERR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND errors in
different fiid functions.
- Remove unnecessary input checks in libfreeipmi fiid library.
- Add recent 'lookups' of fields in fiid library to internal cache.
o Various minor fixes/improvements
- Update libfreeipmi core API to use poll() instead of select(), to
avoid issues with applications with a high number of threads.
As a side point, while IPv6 networking support has been added, IPv6
configuration in ipmi-config & bmc-config is not supported in this
Work to support IPv6 configuration in ipmi-config was completed. However I
lost contact with Ubuntu developers I was collaborating with on this work
(they do not appear to work there anymore).
I lack the hardware to test IPv6 IPMI support, so I elected to leave
this code out of FreeIPMI 1.6.1 b/c it remains untested.
It can be added back in once it is tested.
High Performance Systems Division
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Freeipmi-users mailing list