Von: Al Chu11 <ch...@llnl.gov>
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Mai 2023 15:18
An: FRANK Michael <michael.fr...@forvia.com>; 'freeipmi-users@gnu.org'
<freeipmi-users@gnu.org>
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: [Freeipmi-users] SDR cache not updated

- External - This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

Hi Michael,

> I guess best option for us is to delete all cache files by a cron job once a
> day. Do you see any issue with that?

I think that's a workable solution.

Looking at the info below, this is quite unfortunate.  Despite moving to
another vendor's motherboard, both elected to not initialize any of the
timestamps.  That's why FreeIPMI assumed nothing had changed.

I think one additional test I could add is if the number of records has
changed, but that's tricky because some vendors don't store the correct number
of records in the SDR info.  Although I could perhaps just check the number of
records that SDR info returns only.

Lemme think about doing that.

Al