At 01:53 PM 8/6/2001 +0900, Watson wrote:
>Hey everybody;
>
>I am trying to migrate from ascend radius to Freeradius.  But, I'm having
>alot of problems getting my present users file to work.  I run a MAX 6000
>and MAX 4000.  In the present users file their is a User-Service Attribute.
>When I try to run radius with my present users file, it tells me that
>User-Service is an invalid attribute.  So I edited dictionary.ascend and
>replaced Attribute 6 whitch read Service-Type and changed it to
>User-Service.  I'm not sure if that was the right move at all...

No.  Change your users file, not the dictionary.  It is very possible to
screw up the server if you make the wrong changes to the dictionary file.
It will also make it harder to perform future upgrades ( as you'll need to
make the same changes to the dictionary every time vs. changing your
users file once. )

>     Anyways now freeradius dies with Unknown Attribute Service-Type.  My
>question is..  Is there a simple way to migrate from Ascend Radius with the
>User-Service Attribute to Freeradius.  I would appreciate any information
>greatly.

Change your users file to match the attributes used by Freeradius ( which
are the standard names in the RFC's vs. Ascends crufty names ).

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html