At 09:49 PM 8/21/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Can free radius authenticate on a MAC address?
>if so
>will all of the auditing information be available?

It depends on what NAS you are using, and what you mean by 'authenticate
on a MAC address'.

I'm going to hazard a guess you are doing some type of wireless/dsl/broadband
type service.  I know of a few people who are using a radius backend to
authenticate users on that type of network, so I would say that in the
general case it is possible.  Not knowing you specific case, it's hard to
state with any certainty whether it will work.

Give it a try, you've got nothing to loose at this point.  :)

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html