At 11:20 AM 9/5/2001 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am curious if anyone has tested freeradius with a 128bit proxy attribute.
>  Our upstream proxy requires us to be able to take and respond to the radius
>requests with a 128bit proxy-state attribute.
>
>Currently we are using Cistron 1.6.4 and this hasn't had any problems but I
>thier techs have told me that any earlier versions of Cistron code was not
>able to handle thier proxy-state attribute.

I know that some older radius servers mangle the Proxy-State attribute
in violation of the RFC ( *cough*MERIT*cough* ), but you should find that
FreeRADIUS conforms to the RFC explicitly in returning the Proxy-State
attribute unmolested.

If Cistron 1.6.4 is safe, I very strongly suspect that FreeRADIUS will
be safe as well.

Of course, the only way to be 100% sure is to test it.  Your upstream
should be able to direct a test to a test installation on your network.

-Chris

--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html