On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:31:41PM +1000, Mervyn Jack wrote:
> I have used it as is and used debuild to build a copy on a Debian Woody
> "Testing" platform no problems.

Good.

> I wanted to use it on a Potato system.

There is no reverse-compatibility.  Build it like everybody else, except
using './configure -prefix=/usr/local'.  The Stable/Potato build-tools and
environment aren't sufficient to make a package.  You _could_ build the
prerequisites by hand.

The problem is that the build rules make four packages, not one.  Three
of those packages aren't possible under Stable/Potato.

                                                - chad

--
Chad Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   <url: http://web.chad.org/home/>
  ``Is it wrong to donate Kool-Aid to one's favorite kook organizations