Hi Again,

I've finally succeeded in successfully setting up MS-CHAP authentication
for pptp clients (Thanks to Alan for his assistance with the rlm_mschap
module), but I have hit a snag negotiating mppe encryption. It appears
that the cisco router doesn't understand or is not receiving mppe keys
from the radius server.

In looking through the RFC for MS-CHAP, it states that the access-accept
packet should contain one or no instances of the following:

7 MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy
8 MS-MPPE-Encryption-Type
12 MS-CHAP-MPPE-Keys
16 MS-MPPE-Send-Key
17 MS-MPPE-Recv-Key

Although I can set these values under the 'users' file to send back
during the negotiation, I cant seem to figure out the proper syntax to
declare them in octet form. The 2 other questions I had were first, is
the des function included with rlm_mschap able to negotiate 40bit &
128bit encryption or is it limited to 56-bit? And secondly whether there
is a way to use the radius server only for authentication and then punt
the encryption process back to the router after a user has been
successfully authenticated?

Thanks again for your help,

Matt

Matt Nowina