Hi there,

first, a short description what we have:
We are using openldap-2.0.15 to store user account data. Our users login
via pam-ldap, and we have a radius running on that machine
(freeradius-0.3) that can authenticate via our openldap server.

Now the Problem: our users want to fetch their mail via POP, so we have
a pop daemon running. This pop-daemon authenticates via the radius
server, and the radius server authenticates via LDAP.
Regarding security, it would be fine if we could give every user an
extra pop-password, and storing this in LDAP is easy.

But how can we configure the radius to use our alternative Password
instead of using the LDAP posixAccount userPassword when authenticating?

Many thanks in advance,
        Andreas Grosse

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html