Okay, I've been work on getting Freeradius-0.3 to always return
constantly the right Reject or Ok.

My setup is simple.
Linux (Slack-8.0) Kernel-2.4.14
PostgreSQL-7.1.3
ix86-PIII-1000 256MB RAM (IBM) for Radius
ix86-PIII-1000 1GB RAM (IBM) for PostgreSQL

Only using SQL w/PostgreSQL just to auth and then runs an
'Exec-Program-Wait' that returns a 'Reply-Message'

I have a perl script that runs .. basically the same as in my application
.. that will send my (load) radius server many requests (about 5000 in 15
minutes). Sometimes I get all request Ok and sometimes some fail
(Reject) ... My perl script handle the errored and bad responses from the
radius server. This is what is happening. I'm hoping this is a bug ... if
the sql server sockets are full it will give a reject instead on an error.

And I have tried to increase the sockets to 30 but the radius server does
not do anything .... does not answer ANY request ???

....... BEGIN
rlm_sql: All sockets are being used! Please increase the maximum number of
sockets!
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql1" returns noop
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound
modcall: group authorize returns ok
auth: No Auth-Type configuration for the request, rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [test/] (from nas private-network-1 port
0)
Sending Access-Reject of id 58 to 192.168.0.253:49018

        RAM Technical
        Rodney Mosley
        Systems Administration
        E-Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]