Hi everybody,

It is just an optimization question, for those who use rlm_sql.

I has the query below in my sql.conf :

accounting_stop_query = "UPDATE ${acct_table1} SET AcctStopTime = '%S', AcctSessionTime = '%{Acct-Session-Time}', AcctInputOctets = '%{Acct-Input-Octets}', AcctOutputOctets = '%{Acct-Output-Octets}', AcctTerminateCause = '%{Acct-Terminate-Cause}', AcctStopDelay = '%{Acct-Delay-Time}', ConnectInfo_stop = '%{Connect-Info}', AcctMultiSessionId = '%{Acct-Multi-Session-Id}', AscendDataRate = '%{X-Ascend-Data-Rate}', AscendXmitRate = '%{X-Ascend-Xmit-Rate}' WHERE AcctSessionId = '%{Acct-Session-Id}' AND UserName = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND NASIPAddress = '%{NAS-IP-Address}'"

With our nas (patton boxes), the SessionId values are reinitialized when the box reboot, so I think there is a risk of having the same SessionId, Username and NASIPAddress after each reboot, which would alter the accounting data.

So my questions are :

* Don't you think that it's good (especially in my case) to add some conditions in the WHERE clause, for example : FramedIPAddress = '%{Framed-IP-Address}'" AND NASPortId = '%{NAS-Port-Id}'" ?

* Does someone have a config like this ?

* If I add these conditions, is there a risk of dysfunction or lower performance ?

* Is it possible to detect if the accounting_stop_query updates *more than one records*, I think that it is important to detect these problems ...

Waiting for your comments,

Regards,

--
DouRiX \\\|///