> > Now we're taking a step back because I tried changing the
> username on
> > the NAS and in the SQL and can no longer authenticate with
> :( NTRADPING.
>
>   Why use ntradping?  Use radclient.

I will in the future, but I'm in mid-stream here...

>   And you're using CHAP... which is why it doesn't match.

> > 1176        hiegalleria_cn3200      password
> PASSWORD_HERE ==
>
>   Change the attribute name to Cleartext-Password, and the
> operator to ":=".

I have about 20 other NAS's using this identical configuration and they all
authenticate...

>   See "man users" for an explanation of the operators.
> You're comparing the value to the User-Password in the
> request (which doesn't exist).
> So... the comparison fails.

Just for giggles, I restored the username to the old one in
radcheck/radreply and
in my ntradping request... and it authenticated properly. Can you explain
this?
This was done without making any changes to the operator or attribute.

Andrew

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html