Gurus,
may be i'm pulling some common mistake with my configuration being
tested against cvs snapshot, but no idea which one.
I've an sql profile telling:

some.dotted.user Cleartext-Password = cisco
                 NAS-IP-Address =~ "xxx.xxx.97.(85|86)"

authentication request:

         User-Name = "some.dotted.user"
         User-Password = "cisco"
         Calling-Station-Id = "000000000000000"
         Framed-Protocol = PPP
         Service-Type = Framed-User
         NAS-IP-Address = xxx.xxx.97.85

gives the access-reject for unknown (for me) reason:

rlm_sql (sqlauth): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'some.dotted.user'
rlm_sql (sqlauth): Reserving sql socket id: 3
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = 'some.dotted.user' ORDER BY id'
SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username =
'some.dotted.user' ORDER BY id
rlm_sql (sqlauth): Released sql socket id: 3
   modcall[authorize]: module "sqlauth" returns ok for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: No password configured for the user
Login incorrect (No password configured for the user):
[some.dotted.user/cisco] (from client localhost port 0 cli 00000000000000)
auth: Failed to validate the user.

I've checked the authorization sql query shown in debug - it properly
returns the profile configured

--
Sincerely Yours,
Alexander