Jacob Jarick wrote:

> I personally hate rpms and will compile all apps so no, I try rpms as
> a last resort and Im not surprised when they fail with a big list of
> dependancies.

You were not told to pick up a random RPM on the net. The wiki
explains how to build yourself a RPM from sources. The resulting
package should run without problem on the host where it was
compiled.

Moreover, building a package allows you to uninstall the files
later, so you can cleanly upgrade the version of FreeRADIUS.
Residual files from previous installation do weird things,
like the problem of "double free" for example.

--
Nicolas Baradakis