Hi,

I had an idea the other day: we should start writing AutoIt scripts that
can simulate regular day-to-day usage of a common software. When developing
FreeRDP, the workflow is very different from a regular user:

make changes, compile, connect, test, try again.

The user simply does:

connect, use

The problem with this difference in usage between most developers and users
is that it's hard to catch bugs that occur after a certain period of time.
I rarely keep the same FreeRDP instance running because I am developing it
much more than using it.

I'd like to find a good way of testing FreeRDP over a long period of time
with simulated usage. This way, it would be easier for developers to
measure FreeRDP in more "regular usage" scenarios, and especially identify
bugs which occur sporadically after hours of usage.

If we could write a collection of AutoIt scripts, it would be easy to have
test machines run FreeRDP for long periods of time just to see if problems
eventually happen.

If you are not familiar with AutoIt, it's a scripting language for Windows
which automates all sorts of tasks - especially GUI tasks which are usually
very hard to automate. For instance, a script could simulate a user typing
in word for hours with it. That would be enough to push the glyph cache in
conditions which are rarely seen when you frequently start new sessions
instead of using the same one for hours.

Would anybody like to help writing such scripts? It shouldn't be that hard,
and it's definitely a fun task.

What do you guys think?

Best regards,
- Marc-Andre