Hi,

About supporting one of the two syntaxes at once: no way. Many of you are
not happy of the changes because it means you'll have to adapt your
scripts. If we were to support one syntax on Windows, and one syntax on
non-Windows systems, it would effectively mean that a cross-platform script
invoking xfreerdp on Linux and wfreerdp on Windows would need to produce
two different command lines. And no, dropping support for the Windows-style
command-line syntax is not an option. I don't know if you have realized it
at this point, but I'm the guy stuck in the middle trying to please
everyone at the same time, so please comment in consequence on this.

About documentation: we can simply choose one syntax to be used in most
documentation, solving the "nightmare".

About parser bugs: I'm the one who unit tests his code the most, and the
parser I've written is not an exception to this. Of course, more tests can
be written, but this is nothing that can't be handled. Also, the new parser
does automated validation according to the given syntax, and has a list of
error codes that it can return. Again, this can always be improved on, it's
nothing set in stone. I'd rather have you guys comment on edge cases you
might have found that would be worth handling. The more you can point out,
the more I can not only fix, but also ensure functionality through improved
tests. Making this parser rock solid is not an issue. Now if parser bugs
are syntax specific, there's one easy way to test this: parse the same
commands in both syntaxes, compare the output, write many test cases like
this.

About making code bigger, really? Keeping backwards compatibility keeps the
code bigger as well, and it doesn't seem an issue if that's what you want...