Hi Micha,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 01:17:28PM +0200, wp1038733-micha wrote:
> Now I've the problem that I need to equip more then one (l)ubuntu computer
> with
> this new version. I'm looking around for a  possibility to build deb files to
> distribute it to the computers.
The ubuntu PPA from the "team freerdp" is not working anymore since a
while ;( - but it looks like some other PPAs with up to date popped up:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?name_filter=freerdp

Maybe you can use one of them like
https://launchpad.net/~9v-shaun-42/+archive/ubuntu/freerdp-git
or
https://launchpad.net/~9v-shaun-42/+archive/ubuntu/freerdp

> Is there a possibility to build deb files out of
> the source tree? Is there a howto/manual where this is described?
Currently it's not possible to build a debian package directly out of
the source tree without modifications (and extra work).

A possibility is to grab the debian/ubuntu package, copy the debian
folder, adapt and build it.
But there is no howto or manual specific to building FreeRDP packages,
sorry.

> Or is the way
> to simply build a static xfreerdp and distribute it to the clients the best
> and
> easyest way to achieve this goal?
What you can always can do - warning hack ahead! - is to build and install to
/opt/FreeRDP (or whatever you like), pack this folder and copy it over to
another
system.  As long as the systems run the same ubuntu version and have installed
the runtime dependencies it should work fine. - You just might need to
create wrapper script to set library paths like:

<snip>
#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/FreeRDP/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
/opt/FreeRDP/bin/xfreerdp $@
</snip>

If none of the possibilities help or satisfy you drop me a note and I
can create a one-shot package for you with the revision you need.

We have plans to provide nightly packages for the major distributions
but that is still work in progress and will take some more time..

Best regards,
Bernhard