Hi Tomer,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:22:00PM +0000, Tomer Admon via FreeRDP-devel wrote:
> 1-      We are currently using FreeRDP 1.0.2 on CentOS for RDP-ing to Windows
> boxes. Our IT department, started to switch to TLS 1.2 on all Windows
> machines and now blocking TLS 1.1 and 1.0. Trying to RDP into a windows
> machine using TLS 1.2 always fails.
>
> a.       Does FreeRDP 1.0.2 supports connecting to Windows machine with TLS
> 1.2?
No. FreeRDP 1.0 only supports version 1.0 (as it uses TLSv1_method with
openssl).

> b.       Switching to Ubuntu compiling FreeRDP 2.0.0rc1 works while using the
> same command. (Ubuntu with FreeRDP 1.1.0 didn't worked as well)
Same command should work however I suggest thinking about switching to
the new command line syntax as the old one doesn't support new features
and might be removed in a future release.

> 2-      We failed to compile FreeRDP 2.0.0rc1 on CentOS and saw you are
> currently not testing this distro under your CI process. CentOS does not
> supported at the moment?
* What were your problems with compiling FreeRDP on CentOS? I don't see
  a reason why it shouldn't work on CentOS.

* The packages we are building are mainly nightly builds to be able to
  provide builds for testing. We currently just don't have any CentOS build
  machine running.

> 3-      We would like to know if there is already a planned release date for
> FreeRDP 2.0.0 GA? And will it be available for CentOS.
No fixed date. We are working on a rc2 (see the related milestone
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.0-rc2).
Once rc2 is done and tested we'll release. Release might possibly be
around end Q1 or beginning of Q2 but just guessing ;).

It's not planned but if we have some time to prepare a build environment
for CentOS we could also provide packages.

Best regards,
Bernhard