Hi Neil,

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 04:52:52PM +0000, Neil Broadbent via FreeRDP-devel
wrote:
> My understanding is that this is the correct place to ask for some support
> advice with FreeRDP.  If i'm in the wrong spot, please let me know and I'll
> post to the appropriate location.
you are absolutely right here ;). You can also drop by in our irc
channel #freerdp on freenode for questions.

> Since switching from rdesktop to FreeRDP, the period key on the numeric
> keypad (US keyboard) has stopped functioning.  Numlock itself works fine, as
> do all of the keypad numbers once numlock is engaged.  Also, the key in
> question works as a delete key (as expected) with numlock disengaged, but
> with numlock engaged the period doesn't work.  All other keys on the keyboard
> work as expected.
>
> I've recreated this outside of Thinlinc.  From Ubuntu 18 Desktop,
> establishing a FreeRDP session directly to Windows 2016 has the same result.
> I have tried version 1 and version 2 builds of FreeRDP including the
> nightlies.
we haven't seen this issue yet and can't reproduce it here locally.
Just tried with the latest nightly
from Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian 9 as client machine to win 7/win 10/ win 2016 and
do get the expected keys on the remote side ('.' as well as 'DEL'). For the
test I've also used a US keymap.

So my guess would be that there are some differences in the key mapping.

Since you can reproduce it on Ubuntu could you provide us
the following information that that we can figure out what is going
on?

* output of "setxkbmap -print" on the Ubuntu side

* when you run xev on Ubuntu what do you get if you hit the Del/. key
  with and without numlock enabled (I'm mainly interested in the key
  press events xev shows)

* what keyboard language do you use on the windows side?

* for windows side keyboard debugging I tend to use a small utility
  called KeyView.exe (you find it at
http://pub.freerdp.com/people/bmiklautz/KeyView.exe)
  can you run it on the remote side when you are connected and tell me what you
get there when
  pressing the key within the session?

For testing please use the latest nightly package from
https://ci.freerdp.com/job/freerdp-nightly-binaries/.

So long,
best regards
Bernhard