On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 05:23:03PM +0530, Narinder verma via FreeRDP-devel
wrote:
> So i ran the following commands,
>
> > export DISPLAY=10.x.x.x:0.0
> >
> xfreerdp /v:10.x.x.x /u:xxxxxx /p:xxxxxxx
>

> But i am getting the following error,
>
> xf_pre_connect: failed to open display: 10.x.x.x:0.0
> Please check that the $DISPLAY environment variable is properly set.
> freerdp_pre_connect failed
>
> *Note*:-  I have tried 10.x.x.x:0.1 as well but same result.
>
> So i needed the exact procedure for using this DISPLAY variable , like what
> port needs to be opened,etc.
This is more a generic problem with displaying x programs remotely and
not specific to xfreerdp.

If you have a x server running you need to make sure it's listening on
TCP (the port is usually 6000 + (DISPLAY)) and that it is connectable
from the other machine. You can test if this works with every X program.

Best regards,
Bernhard