On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 10:09:13AM +0000, Sergio NNX via FreeRDP-devel
wrote:

> This is the same issue as the one posted here:
> https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/5026

as akallabeth already replied in your issue, mingw isn't supported at

the moment. To compile on windows try to compile it natively.

You just need CMake, Visual Studio and openssl.

> Building FreeRDP server & client on Windows
>

> Hi. Just downloaded master branch as of the date of this post. Using
> MSYS/MinGW on Windows 10 x64 with GCC 6.3.0 & cmake 3.8.1 There
> are several building, compilation and linking issues I'd...
> github.com

The compilation and linking issues arise because when compiling with

mingw there are plenty of stuff that is redefined. As native compilation

does work there isn't much effort to support mingw. There is also an

other open issue related to that topic

https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/4930.

> We are new to this project and we don't know how to test it.
>

> We managed to get the building process generate the following
> executables:
>

>     wfreerdp / sfreerdp / freerdp-shadow-cli / wfreerdp-server /
>     sfreerdp-server
>

> How can we test this project?

What exactly do you want to test? Server side, client? Our support ;).

*wfreerdp is a command line client. It doesn't provide any GUI. For the
help you can do the following:

* launch a cmd

* run wfreerdp --help > xxx
* run wfreerdp --help > xxx
* more xxx

                                                   wfreerdp does work but isn't
as advanced as the X11 client (xfreerdp).

* sfreerdp is a template for a sample client
* sfreerdp-server is a sample implementation of an server. It doesn't do
  much except accepting connections and showing some image on a
  background (RFX only)
* freerdp-shadow-cli is a shadow server, which allows mirroring your
  current session (like what you can do with vnc but using RDP as
  protocol)
* wfreerdp-server legacy shadow server for older windows version uses
  the mirage driver from demoforge

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Bernhard