Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 07:29:28AM +0000, Freeman (Longfei) Qin via
FreeRDP-devel wrote:
> I'm trying to gdb xfreerdp. But I found xfreerdp was using dynamically link.
> How can I build it with shared libraries.
> Specailly, I want to gdb the funcions in libfreerdp-client2. But it's linked
> dynamically.
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is (as the description is a
little bit vague ;) but

gdb --args xfreerdp -grab-keyboard /v:testhost /u:bla /p:foo

usually does the trick for me. If you want to debug a xfreerdp shipped
with your distribution you possibly need to install the debug symbols
before debugging.
For Ubuntu this could for example be done with "apt-get install
freerdp-x11-dbg".

If you have compiled yourself make sure you did a debug build by
specifying -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG.

Best regards,
Bernhard