Hi,

What you are most likely looking for is part of gcc_read_client_core_data

There the server protocol version from server is read and (for internal
purposes) the minimum of server and client version supported stored in
settings->RdpVersion

(there is an enum RDP_VERSION that defines names for supported versions)

As for encryption, ... look at [MS-RDPBCGR] gcc and capability exchange
which variables you want to extract.

regards

Armin