On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 09:34:31AM -0600, Otto Huamani wrote:
> HI!!
> I have just run Freesbie 2.0 beta after sorting some problem in the boot
> proccess.
> My laptop is a DELL Latitude D510.
> I have the serial port disabled in the BIOS.
> With the Freesbie 1.1 and Freesbie 2.0 LVC all the boot proccess run with no
> problem.
>
> But with this beta, the boot proccess freezes at:
>

> FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED], Wed Nov 8 08:01:13 UTC 2006)
> \
>

> This "\" is where it freezes. Just enabling the serial port (I
> selected com1) the boot proccess run OK. I tried many changes in the
> BIOS and only enabling the serial port allowed me to pass this "\"
> in the boot proccess.

Dominique Goncalves and I are investigating this and other serial
console-related issues. Thanks for the report.

> Ahh, another thing. In the Freesbie 2.0 LVC there was a "msdosfs"
> folder into the /dev folder where I could see my fat32 and NTFS
> partitions, and from there I just  mounted those partitions(which
> does not mount automatically yet as in Freesbie 1.1); but now only
> appears the fat32 one....Just to
> notice you...

MMh. Ok. Fixed (there was no "options NTFS" in kernel).
If you want your partitions to be mounted at boottime, use the
freesbie.mountdisks cheatcode (set it to "yes")

> I am writing this mail from FreesBIE 2.0 EW using an AVAYA wireless
> PCcard. By the way, is there a visual way or a wizard for setting
> the wireless connection? I had to use the Terminal (ifconfig and
> dhclient).

I'll try to find a graphical tool for interface configuration.
Best Regards
--
Matteo Riondato
FreeBSD Committer (http://www.freebsd.org)